Spray Foam Insulation is generally known as being a more effective and environmentally friendly product than conventional insulators such as cellulose or fiberglass.
Call Now For Your
Some other benefits of using a spray foam insulation contractor in MA are:
- It is environmentally friendly! The foam allows for air sealing, which helps with energy efficiency.
- Indoor air quality is maintained.
- Noise pollution is decreased.
- Certain formulas are impervious to moisture which is excellent for preventing water damage and mold growth.
- It is easily and quickly installed.
- It has the most R Value (thermal resistant value) per square inch.
With Open-cell, the tiny cells of the foam are not completely closed but instead they are broken, and air fills all of the “open” space inside the material
DISADVANTAGE: The foam is weaker or softer feeling than closed-cell foam.
Closed-cell foam differs in that all of its tiny foam cells are closed and packed together. They are filled with a gas that helps the foam rise and expand and become a greater insulator. These cells can be formulated to obtain many characteristics, the most common being size and density.
ADVANTAGE: The advantages of closed-cell foam compared to open-cell foam include its strength, higher R-value, and its greater resistance to the leakage of air or water vapor.
DISADVANTAGE: It is denser, requires more material, and therefore, is more expensive.
Only certain companies have the equipment to install this insulation, the rest need to outsource it to companies like us, the top MA spray foam insulation contractor. Come direct to us and save money.
Call Now 781-762-1102
or Click Here to Contact Us