Canton, MA is a town in Norfolk County, MA and is located southwest of downtown Boston. Canton’s climate is humid continental, which means there are large seasonal temperature differences. The spring and fall seasons are milder, but the weather conditions vary depending on the wind direction and jet stream positioning. The winter in Canton, MA can be very harsh and cold, and the summer can be hot and humid. With the extreme temperatures Canton, MA experiences, it is important to choose a quality roofing material such as cedar shake roofing.
What Roof Material Should I Use in Canton, MA?
Cedar shake roofing for homes in Canton MA should be considered by homeowners for the following reasons:
1. Aesthetically appealing. Cedar shake roofing is beautiful and fits any style, ranging from traditional to contemporary.
2. Long-term durability. Cedar shake roofing is resistant against bugs and sun damage, and holds up against the harsh winters Canton MA experiences.
3. Better insulation. Cedar shake roofing will give your Canton MA home better insulation compared to other roofing options. Having better insulation will lower your energy use and bills.
4. Environmentally friendly. Cedar shake roofing is made up of a wood material, and the shakes are biodegradable and a renewable source.
5. Weather protection. Cedar shake roofing will protect your Canton MA home against hurricane force wind and hail, making it an ideal choice for roofing.
If you need your roof checked or have questions about cedar shake roofing in Canton MA, and other roofing options, contact Neponset Valley Construction.